I get easily irritated. That’s just how I am; however, I don’t always show it. Which is a relief, because if I expressed my general irritation at life and people every time I felt it, I’d be left with no friends. Only cats.
My poor family has to deal with me, though, because I don’t ever hold myself back with them. I wonder every day how they put up with me. It’s because they love me, I guess. (Commence the warm fuzzies and happy feelings in my heart). Though I don’t share every part of my life and mind with them, I’m pretty much and open book. I’m really happy it’s a Friday and it’s the mother effing weekend, but I have to say that after a very difficult and disappointing week, I have realized that there are things about myself that I get annoyed at, and that I constantly wish I can fix.
I felt that if I can at least acknowledge my faults and flaws and put them out into the open, it will personally help me fix them more. Because what’s the point of sitting here and wishing I can be a better person and not doing anything about it? I hate making the same mistakes. I was good about never repeating mistakes on the SAT, but it’s a different story when it comes to life (which, of course, has nothing to do with the SAT despite what universities expect). SO I GOTTA GET MY SHIT TOGETHER. Here are some annoying things about me.
P.S. I don’t have self-esteem problems. I’m not trying to be an attention whore by being self-deprecating. I just get annoyed at myself sometimes, lol. You know how you sometimes get tired of your own voice? Or is that just me…
1. I literally have ZERO sense of time. Which means my time management level is pretty much below average. Well, okay, I do have a decent sense of time, but I just can never seem to realize how much time it takes to do something, and to measure that time effectively. I don’t remember having this much disregard for time when I was a kid. What happened to me…
2. I am a people-pleaser. I consider myself a pretty opinionated and strong-minded person, but I have this need to be liked and appreciated by people, which means that sometimes I lose my own voice along the way. I just get frustrated at myself, because I don’t want to shape my life based on what others think of me. During college life so far, I’ve been much more independent and trying less to please others, but at the same time, it’s elevated with the close friends I’ve made here. So…I’m a work in progress.
3. I’m a perfectionist and really self-motivated, but I find it hard to get started on something. Once I get started, I can stay focused and concentrate for a long time, but I can never just seem to actually get a start on something. Which is REALLY annoying when I have something due. Literally, I have slapped myself in the face together. But I still couldn’t pick up a pen for more than 2 minutes.
4. I’m not original. This is fugging annoying.
5. I’m a lame replier. Or more like I’ve BECOME a lame replier. (to texts, messages, emails.) When I feel like it, I’m an avid and frequent texter and chatter but I almost never reply on time anymore. I feel like if I was the other person, I’d be really annoyed haha.
6. I’m late to everything no matter how hard I try not to be. WHY?!
7. I’m indecisive. It’s not because I don’t know what I want, it’s just that I never have a preference for something in particular, or I just don’t give a shit. Either way, it’s really annoying when I just need to choose something or someone or somewhere, and I just spend way too much time going back and forth.
8. I lose things easily. I didn’t use to be, but I think I’ve become more aloof and distracted these days.
9. Speaking of, I’m easily distracted. -___- One day I’m just going to get run over by a car.
10. I can’t seem to take punishments seriously. EVEN as they are happening.
SIGHHHHH. Step by step, I’ll be refining myself during the remainder of college, and I am determined to graduate and go out into the world equipped with a good set of skills and characteristics that will benefit my relationships with people, my future workplace, and my own well-being and lifestyle. GO ME! LET’S DO THIS!
Man, sometimes I feel like I’d hate to be my own mom.